Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
F/T SHIFT: 3p-11p
The Barrow Emergency Department provides care for patients with a complexity ranging from ESI Acuity 1 (emergent) to ESI Acuity 5 (non-emergent) and has 9 treatment beds. NGMC Barrow is designated as a Remote Stroke Center by the Georgia Department of
REQUIREMENTS ASSISTANT NURSE MANAGER:
A DAY IN THE LIFE INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TOO:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Three years of direct care RN nursing experience. Minimum of one year in an acute care facility. Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia.
- National certification in either a clinical or leadership specialty within two years of hire.
- A Master's Degree (Nursing or other if possessing a BSN) within five years of hire preferred.
- Charge Nurse or Supervisory experience preferred.
The Assistant Nurse Manager role is for succession planning for the Nurse Manager role.
- The ANM proficiently assists with staffing and scheduling functions.
- The ANM focuses on the patient experience and Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators at the unit level. The ANM has shift accountability for care delivery and provides expert bedside care.
- The ANM participates in unit staff selection, unit retention and performance management.
- The ANM assists in the advancement of the professional practice environment by communicating the NGHS Nursing strategic direction and focusing on activities that support the Nursing strategic direction.
- Provides Nursing involvement support for VOICE and the NDNQI quality teams including providing team members for professional participation.
- Assists with overall clinical governance and other projects as assigned.
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) offers a comprehensive benefits program, which provides flexibility for employees' diverse and changing needs. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and 401K with match.
NGHS also offers tuition reimbursement for employees who are interested in advancing or continuing their education. We reimburse up to $5,500 per degree program, which is pro-rated for part-time employees.
At NGHS, health and well-being have always been cornerstones for our patients as well as our employees. That's why we offer valuable resources and programs to encourage and support a healthy lifestyle.
What does this mean for you? With NGHS' health and welfare benefits, you and your family have the opportunity to:
• Stay healthy with comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
• Enjoy tax savings with flexible spending accounts and health savings account
• Experience the security and peace of mind with Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance coverage
#CB Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.