HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That's why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Assistant General Counsel will handle a variety of corporate legal matters for assigned businesses and/or corporate functions in the areas of commercial transactional, purchasing, real estate, tax, corporate governance and any other general corporate law areas as necessary; advising and rendering opinions to all levels of management with respect to the legal implications of company operations and policies; working with representatives from various departments on developing and modifying practices and procedures to conform with legal requirements.
- Provides day-to-day legal counseling for one or more multimillion-dollar business unit(s) or corporate functions, which includes drafting, reviewing and revising a variety of documents
- May act as liaison with outside legal firms; keeps informed on all legislation affecting overall company operations
- Protects the organization's rights in contract negotiations, with a specific focus on purchasing, real estate, tax and commercial transactional support; ensures compliance with laws and regulations
- Advises management on recent changes in laws and regulations that affect the company
- Frequently reviews and negotiates supply and purchase contracts which typically involve products regulated by such US government agencies as the FDA, the EPA and the CPSC.
- JD or equivalent from accredited US law school; a current state bar license to practice law in Connecticut or another state, with the ability to obtain a CT authorized house counsel license
- 5+ years' experience in a corporate legal department or a mix of private practice and in-house experience; experience in the consumer products and chemical industries desired but will consider equivalent experience in comparable or related industries
- Significant expertise in a majority of the following areas: contracts, antitrust, distribution, supply chain, product regulatory (especially EPA/CPSC/FDA), tax, and corporate governance
- Strong analytical, communication and client counseling skills
- Ability to proactively spot issues and provide practical solutions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from diverse cultures
- High level ability to prioritize and effectively work on multiple tasks simultaneously
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.