The Assistant Controller assists the Director, Operations Controller in directing the organization’s system of internal controls, accounting, and reporting. The Assistant Controller shall ensure adherence to all Company principles, policies and procedures regarding accounting and reporting. This requires active communication and collaboration with business unit management and financial services with the purpose of generating meaningful relevant financial data aimed at significantly impacting decision making.
- Complete submission of internal financial reporting per global corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining internal management reporting system and updating internal reports as needed.
- Assist with manufacturing accounting including COGS analysis, factory department budgets, inventory tracking and reporting, monthly absorption entry, and other ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Assist with analytical reviews of balance sheet and income statement.
- Assist with the month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate financial statements.
- Manage fixed assets including tracking Capex spend, capitalizing new fixed assets, retiring old fixed assets, posting monthly depreciation entries, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Complete annual property tax returns and ensure returns are filed and paid timely.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining internal controls to ensure proper oversight over business processes.
- Recommend any amendments to accounting & finance policy, procedures and controls as necessary. Assist in the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Direct corporate specialist services as related to internal and external audits, tax, treasury, insurance and other specialized matters needing finance support.
- Continually seek new methods to streamline, automate, and simplify the company’s accounting processes.
- Perform other ad hoc assignments and duties as designated by management.
- Oversee the Accounting Associate including:
- Accounts payable process and adherence to corporate governance guidelines.
- Ensuring1099 and 1042 reporting completed accurately and timely annually.
- Reviewing and approving monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations completed by Accounting Associate.
- Corporate credit card expense management including Concur expense management system.
- Tracking and reconciliation of capital and operating leases completed by Accounting Associate.
WHO WE ARE:
- Requires Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA and/or CPA certification is a plus
- 5 years accounting experience with a CPA firm OR comparable experience in industry
- Experience with Accounts Payable, Indirect Tax, and/or Manufacturing also preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting
- IFRS knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains and SAP Concur is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial statement preparation.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have a proven ability to organize, analyze, set priorities, and multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment supporting operations, sales, quality assurance, and customer requirements. A strong commitment to team projects and deadlines is required.
- Advanced PC skills using Microsoft Office
Alfasigma USA is the local affiliate of the Italian based pharmaceutical company, Alfasigma. The company was formed, in 2015, as a result of the merger between two historic Italian pharmaceutical companies, Alfa Wassermann and Sigma-Tau. Alfasigma is a leading Italian pharmaceutical company focused on prescription drugs, over-the counter (OTC) and nutraceutical products and has a presence in 90 countries.
Alfasigma USA’s main goals are to improve the health and quality of life of patients by finding solutions to treat specific patient populations, expand our existing portfolio and bring new products into the US market. We strive to be a strong healthy company in a strong healthy world.
Alfasigma USA is headquartered in Covington, LA., has a manufacturing plant in Shreveport, LA., a mail order pharmacy call center in the Covington location and an established national salesforce. In addition, a commercial operations hub opened in 2018 in Bedminster, NJ. Alfasigma USA, Inc. offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, 401K and Paid Time Off are some examples)
","EqualOpportunityEmployerDescription":"Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities","PayTransparencyPolicyStatement":"The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job has expired.