Job ID: 293979
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH's South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a position that requires the knowledge of Asphalt Screed operation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Prior experience in road contrstuction preferred
- Operator will control material taken into the paver and the depths of material distributed through the machine
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Birmingham Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Manufacturing
This job has expired.