Job ID: 293759
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Area Engineering Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for overall engineering designs of precast products for the area, including necessary design and calculations for project estimates, submittal packages and production of precast concrete structures. Manages a team of Engineers, providing feedback on performance and progress on assigned tasks. Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the vision and values of the corporation.
Fosters a strong Safety Culture for staff and employees by promoting and modeling an Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment, ensuring designs factor-in safety during production and final use. Advise the local business concerning long-term-strategic direction. Works on various engineering projects in support of sales as well as continuous improvements in manufacturing, process, shipping, handling and installation.
Drives continuous improvement initiatives through appropriate channels in the operation. Holds self and staff directly accountable for adherence to standards, policies and regulations for the safe, environmentally compliant production of a superior quality precast concrete product.
- Active member of the strategic business team. Responsible for meeting area KPIs and financial targets (e.g. EBITDA, FOH) by engaging in cost reduction initiatives, efficient designs, and standardization of product offerings.
- Manages Engineering Department consisting of other engineers to include prioritizing work in support of sales and production.
- Builds a high performing team by establishing KPI's which help reduce engineering lead times, while establishing effective business processes. Develops self, staff and employees for advancement and contribution to the success of the business.
- Ensures training plans for staff and self are in place and followed in order to advance the business and promote key aspects of the overall succession plan process.
- Establishes formal and informal communications for employees and customers (e.g. sales and production teams, CAD team members, outside sales and customers).
- Supports installation of engineered products throughout the East Coast. Responsible for performing engineering designs in support of estimates, submittal packages and production of precast products throughout Oldcastle Precast. Prepares calculations and drawings for precast products.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of precast processes and equipment; possesses strategic knowledge of industry, technological developments and best practices.
- Helps establish and grow a safety-first culture throughout the area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer preferred
- 5+ years' demonstrated manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and allocate resources to meet internal business objectives and customer expectations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing and utilizing processes and procedures.
- Strategic knowledge of effective and efficient production and manufacturing methods.
- Thorough knowledge of company product, policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills. Proven ability to effectively implement change, facilitate meetings, lead teams and manage conflict.
- Previous industry experience or project management related work experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and be able to perform complex structural designs.
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs, including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Products, Mathcad, RISA 3D, or other finite element software.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, managers, engineers, drafters and other employees to resolve engineering and management related issues.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Baltimore Job Segment:
Engineer, CAD, Chemical Engineer, Drafting, Outside Sales, Engineering, Sales
This job has expired.