Makino is a world leader in metal-cutting and machining technology. As a leader in advanced manufacturing machine tool technology, Makino enables its customers to realize the highest level of quality with the fastest time to market. When companies make the parts that matter for automotive, aerospace, medical, die-mold and other industries worldwide, they make them with Makino.
The Aerospace Applications Engineer is responsible for supporting the sales force, from a technical applications engineering viewpoint, with primary focus on aerospace engine component manufacturing for test cuts, machine demonstrations and customer startup and training. This is an opportunity to focus your experience with multi-axis (3, 4, and 5 axis), EDM machining techniques, and disciplines working on the most state-of-the-art machines in the industry. The primary job focus is EDM fast hole drilling for film cooling holes in turbine engine components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform test cuts and machine demonstrations for aerospace parts - primarily turbine engine components.
- Provide applications engineering support to sales by visiting customer facilities and assisting with potential machine and turnkey proposals.
- Set-up, generating NC program, build tooling, conducting prove-out, and completing test cut requests from sales inquiries leading to machine orders.
- Perform customer start-up training and transfer technical knowledge atcustomer facilities.
- Support turn key execution activities.
Education & Required Experience
- Proficient in CAD/CAM generated CNC programming-Siemens NX a plus
- G&M code programming
- Macro based programming- Fanuc Macro B knowledge a plus.
- EDM condition process development knowledge such as Ton, Toff, voltage, amperage.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interface with potential customers and present a professional image.
- Technical aptitude, creative problem solving, and logical troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical field, or 5 years' or more related experience.
- 1-3 years of experience with aerospace engine type component manufacturing.
- 1-3 years of experience with setup, programming, and operations of multi-axis (3, 4 & 5 axis) EDM or machining centers.
- Prior experience with Makino machine operation a plus.
- Willingness to travel, mostly regionally (average of 25%).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Predominantly office environment physical demands such as typing, writing, light lifting, etc.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Predominantly an office environment. Exposure to varied manufacturing environments on occasion. Minimum to moderate amounts of travel are required for this position. Some overseas travel may be required
We believe that the interests of our company and our people are inseparable and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. Employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry.
We believe that the interests of our company and people are inseparable and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. Employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry.Makino offers competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training.Makino is proud to be an EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets employerMakino is a government contractor and, as such, must comply with Executive Order 14042 if enacted which mandates vaccination of employees.