Local Unit & Position Description
Join the Analytics and Technical Solutions team that is developing services and products to improve the delivery of energy efficiency, demand response, storage, and renewable technology.
DNV - Energy System's Program Development and Implementation group is seeking an Analytics Engineer to join our team. Think strategically and apply skills in data engineering, data visualization, deployment, continuous development and integration to implement full stack data solutions. This position can be remote from anywhere in the Continental U.S. (except Colorado).
Tasks May Include
- Develop data visualizations using business intelligence tools
- Utilize statistical or machine learning techniques to assess customer performance and potential
- Affinity towards problem solving and ability to perform difficult analytical tasks with limited supervision
- Develop and maintain products that deliver insight through data visualizations to enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and take action to exceed client targets
- Embrace continuous integration and continuous delivery to add features quickly while maintaining solution stability
- A strong communicator - you don't just focus on producing statistical outputs and charts, you can also explain what they mean and their implications
- Bachelor's degree required
- Concentration in an analytical discipline such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Computer Science is strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience with Python and/or SQL required
- Experience using tools such as Power BI (DAX) and/or Tableau (TQL) required
- Familiarity with various ETL tools used to execute end to end data pipelines required
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Experience with Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, and Jupyter notebooks preferred
- Experience with Git, GitHub, JIRA preferredExperience with Django and/or Flask preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deliverables, and remaining flexible
- Most importantly, this individual should display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment
- Experience in the energy industry preferred
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits, such as visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
This job has expired.