Supports manufacturing operations by conducting laboratory analyses and evaluating results, as needed, which provides critical data. Prepares samples and performs basic calibration, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and methods. Uses data systems to acquire data and monitor analytical system performance. Reports results to clients. Requires broadened technical skills in analytical/scientific methods or operational processes to perform a defined array of activities. May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
* Performs routine analyses.
* Collects samples according to the Sample Plan.
* Prepares basic calibration standards.
* Performs basic calibration and preventative maintenance of analytical systems.
* Evaluates validity of data, applies basic statistics, interpret results and takes appropriate action.
* Monitors analytical systems, identifies problems, conducts first-line troubleshooting and escalates as appropriate.
* Documents, communicates and archives analytical results and calibration data.
* Follows Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) and operating discipline management system (ODMS) procedures and practices for work tasks.
* Suggests improvements to lab work processes and tools.
* Escalates non-routine requests to appropriate team member for follow-up.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
* A minimum of 10 years in a lab setting is required.
* Ability to take call-outs for plant support, and overtime as required for business demands.
* Must be 18 years old or older.
* Must be willing to work weekends, and holidays, if required.
* Must be willing to work overtime (extra hours beyond your regular scheduled) if required.
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
* Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
* Good understanding of statistics and how to apply statistical concepts to laboratory data.
* General understanding of process technology to support process troubleshooting.
* College level coursework in Organic Chemistry is strongly preferred.
* Experience in leading or to being a focal point within a lab environment.
* Mechanical skill, lab technique, methodical record keeping, and the ability to work independently and with co-workers.
* Ability and willingness to train other lab members on lab techniques and processes.
* Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
* A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
* Good interpersonal skills are required.
* Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
* Able to work within an empowered team environment.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
* Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
* Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.
* Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
* A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Associate or higher degree with at least 20 hours of College Chemistry and Math, OR Four (4 or more years of military training/experience in related technical field, is strongly preferred.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later.
Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.