At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We are looking for and Advanced Measurement Technician 3 to join our team!
The selected candidate will be required to support manufacturing environment covering multiple programs, and support tooling and production requirements needed at suppliers and/or customers. The selected candidate may also assist in the assignment of personnel to support all Aerospace Systems Programs, and determine the best system to be used for data acquisition.
Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas. Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems. Works from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions. Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format. Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
- Minimum of High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of experience with Computer-Aided Measurement Systems (C.A.M.S.) and/or Laser Tracking Interferometer Systems (FARO-LEICA).
- OR Associate's degree or other 2 year technical degree and 3 years of experience with Computer-Aided Measurement Systems (C.A.M.S.) and/or Laser Tracking Interferometer Systems (FARO-LEICA).
- Experience with Assembly Tooling and/or composite fabrication and assembly
- Experience in data collection for the Validation/Verification of Tooling and Production Engineering. Coordination with Manufacturing. Engineering, Quality, and Tool Design to interpret, analyze, and advise on the data results.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to communicate/interface with multiple levels, such as Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Tool Design to interpret, analyze, and advise on the data results.
- Ability to work on high ladders and portable platforms, ability to lift heavy objects over 35lbs, and the ability to stand for long periods of time is required.
- Ability to work 1st shift "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule is required.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- This position requires the ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Working knowledge of best practices and care with multiple computer aided metrology systems such as laser trackers, articulated arms, scanners 6DoF (Six Degree of Freedom) etc.
- Experience with computer aided graphic interfaces (Verisurf X, SA and Maya matrix, Build!IT, Polyworks)
- Experience in the ability to analyze collected data to computer models.
- Knowledge of Integrated Systems Air Frames and Aero Structures
- Position requires travel and ability to work any shift as necessary.
- Ability to acquire and maintain DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Transitioning service member or veteran of the U.S. military service or current military guard or reserve member
- Spouse of a transitioning military service member or current military guard or reserve member
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
This job has expired.