If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The College of Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Administrative Assistant to work in the Coral Gables Campus.
Provides administrative support for multiple CoE programs and projects. Provide excellent customer service in a high paced environment. Work on a variety of tasks that require attention to detail and excellent time management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
(Performs duties and responsibilities under minimal supervision)
- Greets visitors and callers, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs
- Course Scheduling/Curriculum Management in CaneLink
- Communicates with vendors to acquire quotes and invoices, place orders, organize services, and create a vendor profile in Workday
- Assists students with registration and contacts appropriate departments within UM to resolve registration errors
- Undergraduate Students: Updates student files and grade cards; keeps advising records; clears files for graduation
- PhD Students: Admission process. Update and maintain database and files; answer inquiries, request I-20's; prepare offer letters for new and existing students.
- MS. Students: Update and maintain spreadsheet.
- Updates the Departmental Bulletin and verifies that information is accurate
- Processes Expense Reports, Work Orders, Surplus Orders, Purchases
- Maintains departmental and lab purchasing records
- Prepares detailed reports on enrollment, alumni statistics
- Trains staff on office procedures
- Handles planning and scheduling of department events and assists with COE events: creates itineraries, communicates with guests, schedule announcements with E-Veritas, creates attendance lists, orders catering services, arranges transportation, reserves rooms, etc.
- Assists student organizations
- Assists other COE departments when short-staffed
- Assists Faculty with ABET Accreditation preparation and documentation, collect syllabi and file
- Works with Facilities and IT to maintain and update department spaces, handle facilities requests for repairs and maintenance
- Will be the liaison for ECE department website with CoE Communications department by attending meetings and creating and updating media content on the department website
- Assists department personnel with IT/computer issues
- Prepare faculty search PDF files for assigned faculty.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
Knowledge of simple data processing and transmission principles.
Ability to utilize computerized information systems.
Ability to read and decipher data on source documents to be entered.
Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and a reasonable rate of speed.
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Skill in data entry or typing
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- High school diploma or equivalent
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressive related experience.
- Knowledge of University of Miami systems is preferred.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: