Posted in Building and Construction
about 1 month ago
Overall responsibility and control of all financial/accounting, technical operations, and internal control information to support meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals.
1. Act as financial business partner to the Plant Manager to assure understanding/communication of the financial impact of plant operations.
2. Develop appropriate facility and departmental measurement systems that enable the plant management team to track and measure performance.
3. Provide timely and accurate analysis on actual monthly plant performance, internal financial reports (IFR), and company scorecards.
4. Provide quantification of financial impact to support plant discussions and decision making.
5. Conduct Special plant studies as needed and identify plant trends and issues.
6. Assist in preparation of functional/company-wide studies as required.
7. Prepare plant forecasts and the annual budget in line with corporate targets and expectations.
8. Identify cost savings, productivity and other opportunities and propose solutions.
9. Prepare AFE's and AFLE's, conduct post-completion audits, and track expenditures against approval.
10. Ensures Policies are followed and in alignment with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 process narratives, providing guidance and discipline to ensure compliance
11. Perform first step resolution for facility control issues and breaches of policy; implement and follow-up on both first and second step resolutions, and monitor compliance.
12. Conduct audits consistent with control responsibilities and in conjunction with internal and external audit plans.
13. Perform work required to build and maintain accurate standard product costs.
14. Perform required expense review and approval process in support of centralized accounts payable.
15. Track expenses for accuracy and evaluation, including comparison to budget expectations.
16. Support centralized hourly payroll function, to include operation of the payroll information system, as required to issue timely and accurate payrolls.
17. Take necessary steps to ensure inventory accuracy verification; identify and properly account for slow moving or obsolete inventory.
18. Manage the month end closing process, ensuring accurate reporting of inventory balances and cost performance.
19. Provide for asset security, including annual verification and review of keys issued to assure appropriate facility access.
20. Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customer's expectations.
21. Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
22. Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
23. Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
24. Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivate team members, and identify opportunities for improvements.
25. Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles while building bench strength within the finance team.
26. Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
27. Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
28. Establish individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and perform periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
29. Support and represent company as a union-free environment. Where a union already exists, support a good working relationship with the union, honoring budget commitments and minimizing the effects of restrictive practices.
30. Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
31. Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
32. Perform other tasks as directed by Plant Manager, Divisional Group Controller, Manufacturing Controller, Corporate Controller Operations, or the Corporate Finance Team.
Will supervise salaried employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Technical Systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled