This is a remote position, the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
We are influencing the transformation of future transportation with ADAS and Automated Driving! Are you ready to make a difference at GM? The Automated Driving Compute System Architecture team is passionate about definition, design, analysis, and approval of leading-edge silicon [System on Chip (SoC) and Machine Learning Accelerator (MLA)].
We are looking for an experienced, high-performing Compute System SoC Architect, interested in leading the strategic definition, selection, and approval of silicon to support the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV), which is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This individual will be responsible to define SoC architectures for the high-performance safety critical ADAS and SDV Platform. This individual will be depended on to technically define SoC requirement specifications to execute silicon technology deployment.
The position provides for a unique experience that includes the combination of advanced silicon performance analysis and definition, and involvement in cutting edge technology. This experience includes exposure to high level management as well as opportunities to work with experts in the field of controls.
Additional Job DescriptionBasic Qualifications:
- Define SoC architectures for high performance safety critical systems
- Define IP component requirements to meet the specific application needs
- Define the partition of functionality between hardware and software
- Define architecture specifications to support security, boot requirements, IO interface requirements
- Establish and define technical interface-level performance requirements for silicon set (SoC & MLA)
- Perform SoC architectural analysis and modeling, focusing on forecasting CPU, bus bandwidth, memory utilization and utilization of other resources across various subsystems on the SoC
- Make architectural recommendations to improve performance and memory utilization, as well as software optimizations and SW/HW partitioning
- Develop tools, as needed for SoC performance modeling
- Build partnerships and work closely with functional peers across Engineering, Software and Systems to establish power expectations under various workloads
- Build strong SoC design supplier working relationships to understand product portfolio, technical performance capabilities, supply chain, and technology roadmaps
- Develop standardized internal analysis for surrogate benchmarking SoCs & MLAs
- Support RFI reviews and analysis with silicon suppliers and ensure clear understanding of technical performance requirements, capabilities, manufacturing process and supply chain business arrangements
- Support written specifications, SOR templates for SoCs enabling DREs to facilitate on-time directed-buy sourcing activities in accordance with ECU development needs and vehicle program timing requirements
- Serve as technical approval at SoC Tech Reviews during sourcing, approving all BOM Row imperatives (piece cost/cost drivers supply base capability, market trends, vendor tooling, volumes-where used, quality, performance, etc.)
- Lead compute resource utilization analysis and allocation by analyzing ADAS feature workload allocation into target SoCs
- Balance performance scorecard via compute workload analysis to meet compute & latency budgets
- Support internal scalable architecture cost & performance analysis
- Support compute feasibility studies for future ADAS packages with little or ambiguous information
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience working with SoC's, machine learning accelerators and/or artificial intelligence on smart machines
- Understanding of general-purpose CPU microarchitecture, including knowledge of areas such as processor pipelines, caches, memory hierarchy, and multi-processor systems
- Knowledge of high-performance data computation systems for ADAS
- Knowledgeable about safety microcontroller design and theory, hardware design and failure modes of electronic modules
- Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills; demonstrated ability for working across functional and organizational boundaries
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Master's degree in related technical field
- Understanding of architecture and micro-architecture of specialized processors for image processing
- Understanding of system architecture impact on physical design and vice-versa
- Design or development of safety-critical systems and/or components
- Knowledgeable about ISO 26262 ASIL B engineering integrity
- Knowledge of RTOS features such as timer management, process/thread/task scheduling, synchronization, memory isolation and protection, and I/O management
- A strong focus on program management, metrics, data, and results
- Experience with automated driving sensors (cameras, lidars, radars, ultrasonic sensors)
- DFMEA training
- DFSS certification
The median level of salary compensation for this role is $134,326.Bonus Potential:
An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.Benefits:
GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.