We are looking for a skilled accounts receivable specialist to provide financial and administrative services to a growing firm in the government services industry. Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, creation and processing of project invoicing, tracking and monitoring of incoming payments, as well as verifying and posting receipts. Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions. Maintains detailed records concerning invoices, debits, and credits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Processes project invoicing to customers in coordination with project management teams.
- Consolidate invoicing backup to support billed values and customer requirements
- Works with project management teams to reconcile and correct any project or invoicing discrepancies to facilitate improved company cash flow and customer relations.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Monitors records of aged and outstanding receivable invoices in support of accounting balance sheet reconciliations.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized invoicing deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves collections issues by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with project management teams.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Participates in educational opportunities continuing to advance job skills.
- 3 - 4 years of AR or invoicing experience
- Bachelor's in accounting or equivalent area of study (highly desired, but not required)
- Must have experience with AR in the Defense Contracting Industry
- Previous government contracting experience (highly desired, but not required)
- Ability to manage competing, time sensitive priorities
- Must be proficient in Excel, Outlook and other general computer skills
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external customers
The position is contingent upon candidate's ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.Company Policy
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the "EEO is The Law" and "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination" supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.