The Academic Administrative Coordinator will perform the administrative functions and daily operations within a cluster of departments and interdisciplinary programs. This position is the primary liaison and first point of contact for a full range of constituencies including faculty, staff, parents and students.
Budgets and Accounts Payable:
- Build and maintain an intermediate understanding of University policies, procedures, and guidelines; apply and communicate University policies, procedures, and guidelines to faculty and staff within the cluster.
- Process reimbursements in Chromeriver; complete check requests, including student awards; prepare journal vouchers and Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) as needed.
- Process department related bills; make deposits as needed.
- Perform department and interdisciplinary program Purchasing Card monthly reconciliation report in Chromeriver.
- Monitor department budgets and transactions.
- Perform basic level analysis of budgets to actuals for department and interdisciplinary program budgets such as lecture and travel budgets; prepare reports as needed.
- Enter contract data into ESM (contract management system) when needed.
- Perform other budget and accounts payable duties as assigned.
- Serve as point of contact for the departments and interdisciplinary programs, field phone calls, greet visitors, provide information about the departments and programs, when needed.
- Function as liaison with Information Services and Facilities to report and resolve issues; manage door codes and keys within a cluster.
- Maintain department and interdisciplinary program listserv(s); plan, organize, and prepare mass mailings.
- Purchase and maintain office supplies for departments and interdisciplinary programs within cluster; coordinate with procurement specialist, stockroom and lab managers, etc., where applicable.
- Prepare agendas and announcements for department and interdisciplinary program meetings, record minutes and maintain all meeting records.
- Schedule hotel and travel arrangements for faculty, visitors and new faculty searches.
- Plan, execute, and manage events, including lecture series, to include: making reservations, selecting menu, operating within budgets, creating, preparing & sending invitations, tracking and following up with RSVP's, maintaining files on processes, tracking budgets and expenses associated with each event, attend events if needed to ensure smooth operations
- Assist with department and interdisciplinary program newsletters working closely with the Dean's Office communications manager; update department and interdisciplinary program website and social media platforms.
- Provide administrative support for maintaining Digital Measures platform.
- Manage student employees and complete e-Personnel Action Forms (e-PAFs), if needed.
- Provide administrative support for faculty tenure and promotion process by compiling binders for tenure-track faculty.
- Perform other operational duties as assigned.
- Serve as liaison between Department Chair and Interdisciplinary Program Coordinator and the registrar's office during course scheduling; enter course schedule information in Schedule Builder.
- Provide overrides and handle registration issues for students and faculty using Banner and other systems as needed.
- Assign advisors once determined by Department Chairs and Interdisciplinary Program Coordinators.
- Collect and track information regarding the department's and interdisciplinary program's majors and minors; provide administrative support for auditing student major records for the registrar's office.
- Assist with maintaining department and interdisciplinary program credential files (syllabi).
- Provide syllabi to students requesting them for planning purposes.
- Provide administrative support to fulfill honor society registration requirements.
- Coordinate with admissions and students when class visits and interviews with faculty are requested.
- Assist with other academic support duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a collaborative, group environment
- Organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Computer and internet literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Understanding of website management and knowledge of UR software (Blackboard, Cascade, Banner and/or BannerWeb), though not required, is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills to professionally represent the University to the public and student bodies
- High school diploma or GED; Associates preferred, other relevant experience will be considered
- Two to four years of administrative support experience is desired
- Work in a university environment preferred
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
Pay Grade 4 (Hiring Range $17.70 to $22.12 per hour) ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.