Director of Sales (FED/US Public Sector)
immixGroup (a subsidiary of Arrow Electronics) is seeking its newest Director of Sales to lead and oversee the Federal and US Public Sector sales operations for our Mclean, VA office.
immixGroup helps technology companies do business with the government. Acquired by Arrow Electronics in March 2015, immixGroup is the largest value-added distributor of enterprise software and hardware products for public sector solution providers, systems integrators and U.S. government agencies.
Click here to read more about immixGroup and our mission!
The Director of Sales will be responsible for leading and developing a team of high profile sales specialists catering to a diverse portfolio of clients and prospects in the US Public Sector. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Proven track record in successfully selling to and leading sales operations with the federal and state & local government (FED/SLED); preferably selling products and solutions as it pertains to IT, Cyber Security, Cloud Solutions, enterprise level software/hardware (or similar).
- Strong history in successful sales, cold calling, prospecting, account management, and/or business development with experience leading, coaching and managing sales teams based on sales quotas, QBRs, metrics, and revenue generation.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for the strategy and execution of their respective Sales Team, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum sales, profitability and growth. As the leader for the Arrow, the Director, Sales creates a vision for their team and ensures their effectiveness by organizing analytics, improving processes and meeting and exceeding SLA's. The position creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow and acts as an advocate to spread vendors sales strategy throughout business.
- The Director, Sales has an expert knowledge of the business, and is able to leverage Arrow's strengths to build relationships and grow our brand. Responsible for mentoring, developing and motivating their Sales team; creates a high performance culture and a pipeline of successors to all leadership positions within their team.
- Leadership: Recruit, hire and mentor top sales management talent. Sets the tone for their Sales Team through professional demeanor and appropriate responsiveness to the organization. Creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow's customer service and sales capacity. Strategically manages vendor and customer relationships. Ensures high potential talent on their teams through guiding managers on recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, development plans and promotional opportunities.
- Sales: Creates a vision and strategy for respective business/sales team, provides leadership in achieving maximum sales, profitability and growth. Uses sales data, SLA's and metrics to implement systems and processes to grow and improve sales team. Has a Senior-Level understanding of the marketplace and trends, able to find solutions to shortcomings in sales numbers through actively managing opportunities. Ensures their Sales Team is meeting the expectations of the business unit by measuring performance results against goals.
- Relationship Building: Creates a partnership with vendor and customers with trust and respect as foundational elements. Dedicated to leveraging relationships to enhance brand, sales and profitability. Acts with vendors, customers and Arrow in mind during all decision making.
What We're Looking For
- 10-15 years of experience in Sales, Business Development, Account Management, or combination with a focus on US Public Sector and federal government accounts.
- 5-10 years of experience in a leadership or supervisory position overseeing and successfully managing sales and business development specialists at the Director or Sr. Manager level.
- Prior experience working and supporting the federal government and US Public Sector; examples include FED/SLED/GSI/FSI.
- Knowledge or history of selling IT, Cyber Security, Cloud Solutions, SaaS, or enterprise level software/hardware solutions.
- Proven history of successfully managing sales teams to YoY growth as it pertains to revenue and demand generation in your assigned territory.
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
- Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
- Develops plans and delivers results in fast-changing businesses and/or regulatory environments.
- Manages large, potentially diverse teams of managers and/or senior professionals.
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
What's In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Generous Sales Compensation and incentive structure
- Car allowance options available
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
US-VA-McLean, Virginia (Westpark Dr)
This job has expired.