GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab8 is seeking a Metrology process engineer in Malta, NY. The individual selected for this position will work together with other GLOBAL FOUNDRIES technology development and manufacturing groups at Fab8. Employee will participate in process development and manufacturing activities for advanced technical nodes in Metrology THK and Scatterometry areas. Projects will include development and optimization of process for 7/10nm technologies and support for 14nm, linking with other process engineering and integration groups. In addition to development/manufacturing experience, experience in optimizing unit process for manufacturability, tool ownership will be important. You will be located to the Company's Fab 8 operations in Malta, New York.
- Collaborate with GLOBAL FOUNDRIES internal customers and participate in development/manufacturing of unit process for 7/10/14nm technology and beyond.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize module unit process and equipment to meet technology (e.g., performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (e.g., process stability, cost of ownership) targets.
- Work with integration and device groups in the technology development and the manufacturing teams to plan and execute projects and implement solutions on schedule.
- Work on various optical metrology tools such OCD, Ellipsometry to develop new model and recipes to support manufacturing & development of leading edge processes.
- Engage with tool suppliers to highlight new module unit process requirements and evaluate new equipment solutions.
- Define and maintain module unit process and equipment roadmaps.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Enrolled in a engineering degree
- Understanding & experience with THK/OCD process and equipment.
- Working knowledge of various module unit process and equipment.
- Understanding of and familiarity with various characterization techniques including SEM, TEM, SIMS and XRD.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
- Experienced OCD & THK metrology engineer.
- Experience and understanding of high volume manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Understanding of FEOL and BEOL integration is a plus.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.