- Responsible for handling enhancements and bug fixes on existing ASP.NET web sites and new projects
- Interface with business analysts to discuss timelines, and clarify requirements as it pertains to new projects and/or enhancements and bug fixes.
- Research and find feasibility of new technologies and architectures where there may be a need
- Approve recommendations for new code standards
- Assist in designing and planning out solutions for new project requests and future enhancements.
- Assist in providing development estimates based on technical cost.
- Assist in building services by designing endpoint and structures
- Provide guidance and examples of methods to improve architecture of existing code
- Provide guidance on performance enhancements to existing code
- Use profiling tools to increase performance/efficiency in applications/APIs
- Improve security in applications and communication with APIs
- Conduct code reviews and help work towards peer review process
- Enforce unit testing
- Assist in database design and structures where applicable
- Provide technical advice, coaching, mentoring to other developers
- Can assist with preparing software builds via Git Merging/Branching
- Can effectively resolve Git merge conflicts
- Work across multiple applications
- Assist in documenting where needed
- Communicate well with the rest of the staff and promote an open collaborative code environment where all technical ideas are welcome to be evaluated
- Work closely and communicate well with Manager on team and other senior staff members
- Available to assist in interview process for Software Engineer 1-3 positions
What We Offer
- 7+ years of .NET development work experience
- Expert knowledge of object oriented development concepts
- C# or VB.NET and .NET Framework
- College Degree Desired
- Strong Communicator
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of SQL and SQL querying
- NET experience
- NET WebAPI experience
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job has expired.