o Verify accuracy of daily timesheets
o Examine and verify accuracy of labor hours, department codes, and job codes from automated time attendance and production system
o Ensure all required payroll documents for each employee are accounted for and correct on a daily basis
o Balancing and reconciling between automated time attendance program and accounting system
o Posting to registers and ledgers
o Verifying internal consistency, completeness and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents
o Assigning prescribed accounting distribution codes
o Examining the clerical accuracy of reports, lists, calculations, postings, etc.
o Making entries or adjustments to accounts
o Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
o Prepare MS Excel spreadsheets.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Minimum four (4) years accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; previous payroll experience strongly preferred.
• Must have knowledge of and operation of Microsoft windows applications, to include MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel (advanced knowledge), and related applications.
• Applicants will be required to complete company provided MS Excel knowledge/skills assessment as part of the application process.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
• Knowledge, understanding, and retention of terminology, codes, and processes used in accounting and payroll procedures.
• Ability to learn and retain processes/procedures that apply to daily/weekly/monthly routines and requirements.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Previous government experience and clearance strongly preferred.
• Successfully pass pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background (including financial), and motor vehicle record checks. .• Able to effectively read, write, and speak the English language.