Job ID: 229319
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo .
Job Description Summary
The Quality Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the quality technicians in accordance with the vision and values of the corporation. Models and demonstrates a "Culture of Safety" for Leads and all employees by actively utilizing systems and processes that achieve an Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment. Holds self and quality techs accountable for adherence to standards, policies & regulations for the safe, environmentally compliant production of a quality precast concrete product. Implements and manages all aspects of the OPI Quality Program in order to exceed customer expectations and all compliance requirements.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drive pursuance of all needed State or Municipal certifications across Utah
- Develop and maintain Quality standards
- Conducting timely audits to ensure internal compliance to the program
- Maintain program to ensure current compliance documentation (DoT, NPCA, ACI & OPI) and recordkeeping
- Hold quarterly QC meetings (including Engineering, Production, CAD departments) to review corrective actions for specific quality issues/concerns
- Provide monthly training for process leads and process technicians
- Develop program to ensure monthly & annual material testing & calibrations, ensuring that all materials used meet or exceed requirements (ASTM, DoT, NPCA & OPI)
- Participate in auditing an Oldcastle facility as needed
- Escalate appropriate report-out on quality issues/deficiencies to the Management team and ensure proper corrective actions are assigned and closed out in a timely manner
- Actively recommend repairs for product, as needed
- Recommend corrective actions on mix design to engineering, as needed
- Maintain thorough knowledge of precast processes and equipment, have workable knowledge of industry technological developments and best practices
- At least 2 years of demonstrated manufacturing supervisory experience
- Development of Process programs
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
What CRH Americas Offers You
- ACI Field Testing Technician Level 1 certification (preferred)
- ACI Laboratory Testing Technician Level 1 certification (preferred)
- ACI Strength Testing certification (preferred)
- NPCA PQS Level 1 certification (preferred)
- Proven ability to work with State and municipal agencies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and allocate resources
- Written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively implement and utilize process and procedures
- Knowledge of effective and efficient quality & continuous improvement methods
- Basic knowledge of company product, policies and procedures
- Interpersonal & organizational skills
- Demonstrated successful application of management skills
- Proven problem-solving skill set
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively implement change
- Ability to facilitate meetings and lead teams
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City Nearest Secondary Market:
Ogden Job Segment:
Engineer, CAD, Chemical Engineer, Drafting, Manager, Engineering, Management