If you are innovative, dedicated and want to love where you work, then consider a career at WSFS Bank. At nearly 200 years old, we are the oldest and largest locally-managed bank and trust company headquartered in the Delaware Valley. We take pride in our culture of engaged Associates that bring to life WSFS’ mission We Stand For Service through our daily delivery of stellar Customer experiences. Because of this, we have been consistently ranked a Top Workplace in the region, and recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace.
WSFS Bank is currently seeking an Assistant Branch Manager for our 21st and Passyunk banking office. The Assistant Branch Manager will partner with the Retail Office Manager in directing activities within the branch to accomplish sales and service objectives in order to enhance customer relationships and attract new customer while maintaining the current customer base. This role will be responsible for personally serving customers in addition to performing regular management duties such as monthly coaching sessions, directing business development activities, overseeing branch operations, and scheduling, among other office duties. The incumbent will provide a high level of customer service and foster an environment of engagement amongst the branch Associates. In addition, this role will be responsible for partnering with various branch departments, such as WSFS Mortgage, WSFS Wealth, Commercial Lending, and other areas to further strengthen and grow customer relationships.
The incumbent must be flexible with scheduling. The schedule is a 40 hour work week including 2-3 Saturdays a month. This schedule can change at any time based on business needs.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in retail banking
- Must have minimum of 3 years of management or supervisory experience in a retail banking environment.
- Must have previous consultative sales experience.
- Previous experience in branch operations, including procedures, policies, control, and regulations is required.
- Must have a strong knowledge of deposit and retail loan products; familiarity with business lending products.
- Must have knowledge of financial fundamentals, including computation of interest and monthly payments.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of teller operations and processing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills are required.
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills.
The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
- This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
- Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
- Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
This job has expired.