2nd Shift Warehouse Manager
At Viking, our warehouse managers are responsible for leading a motivated team and complete daily fulfillment activities in the distribution center. These activities include the training, mentoring, and developing of proper warehousing procedures with new and existing associates. Leading daily quality and production goals with your team to ensure accuracy levels are maintained and required fulfillment timelines are meet. Assisting in troubleshooting and resolution development with internal and external customer across the organization. Instructing and certifying associates on proper use and functionality of facilities assigned power equipment.
- Facilitate a positive work environment for the warehouse team that fosters teamwork and individual development of associates.
- Manage and direct workflow of outbound fulfillment activities occurring during the shift.
- Coordinate and communicate with operations management team to coordinate daily initiatives and fulfillment activities to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Develop strong relationship and communications with corporate safety and transportation manager and contracted carriers.
- Provide ongoing training in support of safe, efficient, error free operations.
- Participate in hiring, training, coaching, and development and mentoring of associates
- Monitor daily workflow, productivity, accuracy, and error rates across shift for efficiency, consistency, and quality of operations.
- Work with inventory control to minimize on-hand balance problems, maintain stock locations, and participate in yearly physical inventory.
- Ensure staff/facility comply with all company and safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Strong managerial, leadership and organizational abilities
- Sales and customer service oriented
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate team and manage conflict,
- Confident using a computer for work purposes (Microsoft Office, Email, Internet)
- Confident teaching and training other on computer programs and work procedures
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and interpret and understand policy and procedures and relate them to others,
- Experience/knowledge of warehouse equipment and machines.
- Machinery requires the use of safety equipment such as work boots and harnesses.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Driver's License is required
- Minimum two years supervisory experience
- Five years’ experience in a high-volume environment of operations, distribution, or logistics.
Viking Electric is a wholesale electrical distributor and solutions provider with 23 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Chicago, Ill. The company was founded in 1964, in St. Paul, Minnesota to serve the needs of the electrical industry. Viking Electric serves residential and commercial electrical contractors, industrial, tool, and related markets. The company stocks more than 30,000 products from 400 manufacturers including electrical supplies, lighting, power tools, hand tools, wire and cable, automation, data com, switchgear, and more. Viking Electric is a Sonepar Company. vikingelectric.com
Visit the Sonepar USA website to learn more.
Viking Electric is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer