Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior, and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test, and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain walls, storefronts, and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings, and more.
GREAT PEOPLE WORK HERE!
Department Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- Great Pay - $27/hr + $2 Shift Differential
- Low-cost/High-value Medical, Dental and Vision
- Generous 401(k) Company Match
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Monday - Friday 3:00 pm - 1:00 am (occasional Saturdays)
This isn't just a job - it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. If you can multi-task well, love to be part of a team and want to help us get better, come joint this industry leader!Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Supervise and train 4-6 personnel and coordinate production workflow
- Track absenteeism and review and approve employees' time worked in Kronos.
- Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct PPE and that safety awareness is maintained throughout the shift.
- Ensure that all safety and incident reporting procedures are followed as well as all individuals are properly trained, and their job functions are being performed correctly.
- Report to maintenance and/or safety personnel any safety hazards or equipment malfunctions and/or maintenance.
- Conduct performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Suggest and/or initiate personnel actions such as promotions, hires, transfers, pay adjustments, and terminations and ensure compliance with the Company's affirmative action policy, practices, and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve employee relation issues/conflicts.
- Complete verbal and written disciplinary warnings/counseling in accordance with the company's policy and procedures
- Coordinate with 1st Shift Supervisor on production updates and schedules
- Responsible for carrying out inspections of various equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean work area and assist with general housekeeping using the 5S method
- Regular and predictable attendance, ability safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Other duties as assigned
What OBE Offers You
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in a warehouse, manufacturing or production facility, required
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic computer familiarity
- Ability to use and understand computerized tracking systems, delivery receipts, and production labels to effectively plan truck routes
- Ability to work in a team environment and be courteous to others
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate paperwork and labels
- Must be able to follow verbal and basic written instructions
- Ability to become certified on required equipment within a reasonable amount of time
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Indianapolis Job Segment:
Facilities, Design Engineer, Manager, Warehouse, Operations, Engineering, Management, Manufacturing