Job ID: 229122
Ash Grove Packaging, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Job Description Summary
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Observe dryer operation and performs adjustments to maintain set parameters
- Fill material bins as needed to meet daily production schedules
- Receive bulk truckloads of aggregates from outside carriers
- Operate a front end loader to fill bulk material silos
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Startup machinery for daily production
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned areas
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, or at least one year of related experience in trades specific to job requirements, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- Demonstrated ability to operate a front-end loader
What CRH Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 80 lbs
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends as needed
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Ash Grove Packaging, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Sep 18, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Kansas City Job Segment:
Outside Sales, Temporary, Equipment Operator, Industrial, Machinist, Sales, Contract, Manufacturing
This job has expired.