Field Applications Engineer (Imaging)
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment.
- Drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs. Understand customer needs and leverage Arrow's engineering and design services resources to facilitate solutions for customers. Apply technical knowledge to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
- Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Technical calibrations and research with sales and other Arrow departments and suppliers in support of the customer design. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales.
- Attend supplier trainings in person and via conference calls.
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Identify key relationships amongst decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Participate in ArrowEDGE initiatives through branch training and customer calls. Organize engineering customer events.
- This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. A portion of OTE will be variable and tied to specific sales-related goals as set forth by Arrow.
What We're Looking For
- 10 years of related experience in Field Applications Engineering or similar roles
- 4 year degree Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related study
- Must have +1 years related experience with knowledge of CCD and CMOS image sensors
- Proven understanding of the differences between RAW vs system on chip sensors
- Knowledge of electro-optical systems
- Camera systems understanding from design through manufacturing
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of the time
- Previous experience within distribution technical support a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with customer and distributors; regardless of level or technical expertise
- Self-initiative, self-motivating, good prioritization skills
What's In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Not ready to apply just yet? Join our Talent Community!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
US-MD-Baltimore, Maryland (Columbia Gateway Dr)
This job has expired.