Welcome to Sonepar - Powered by Difference
About Irby and Sonepar USA
Irby is one of the largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. For more information, visit www.SoneparUSA.com.
Own Your Expertise, And Your Future
Do you enjoy a good challenge? Great, because we value bold thinkers who are excited to take on challenging tasks. We strive to be the best and we share our success with our associates, customers, suppliers and shareholders.
Technical Sales Specialist
If you’re self-motivated, love building relationships with clients and looking to work with an industry leader, we want you to join our team! As an Outside Sales Rep you’ll sell products to utility establishments.
Our ideal candidate will have a technical background, experience with utility customers ability to travel within assigned territory.
What you’ll do:
- Visit utility customers on a regular basis
- Interact with engineers and technical staff at customer’s location
- Submit bids and get approvals
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone
- Processes orders from customers in sales, using all required company policies, procedures and systems
- Call, mail or deliver orders for processing, shipment and delivery of merchandise in a timely manner
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms, delivery, credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries
- Develops relationships with key vendors in assigned electrical markets
- Promotes and features key vendor products through joint sales calls and promotions
- Works with Purchasing Agent or Branch Manager to resolve specific inventory problems as directed by Branch Manager
What you need:
- 2 year Electrical/Utility Industry experience strongly preferred
- Technical background is REQUIRED
- Engineering degree preferred
- Ability to talk with engineers and make product recommendations and offer solutions
- Presentation skills to include MS software: Word, Excel and PP
- Strategic thinker
- High energy individual with the ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work with a sense of urgency
- Computer skills to include MS software: Word, Excel and PP
WHY APPLY? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN?
A Challenging Opportunity with a Company that Cares About Its Most Valuable Asset: YOU!
- To work with an industry leader
- To use your skills and experience to grow your career; go anywhere you want nationwide, cross train into your dream job within a work culture that promotes and encourages associates to learn new roles and be recognized and rewarded for strong performance
- To have your true entrepreneur mindset rewarded with income and career growth opportunities
Check out our benefits:
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more.
Irby is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer
This job has expired.